The date is March 27, according to the Wrap, which seems like a century off considering how fluid the Republican race has turned out to be. Former MGM CEO Harry Sloan will co-host the event. Romney raised about $1 million during a December fundraiser at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Speaking of Romney, he's been bouncing around the Intrade betting market this morning - earlier he was 20+ points up on Santorum in Michigan and within the last few hours he's down to a 9-point lead. Nate Silver gives Romney a 57 percent chance to win and Santorum a 43 percent chance.
More by Mark Lacter:American-US Air settlement with DOJ includes small tweak at LAX
Socal housing market going nowhere fast
Amazon keeps pushing for faster L.A. delivery
Another rugged quarter for Tribune Co. papers
How does Stanford compete with the big boys?
Those awful infographics that promise to explain and only distort
Best to low-ball today's employment report
Further fallout from airport shootings
Crazy opening for Twitter*
Should Twitter be valued at $18 billion?
Recent Campaign 2012 stories:Cost of Berman-Sherman campaign: $16.3 million
Now that's close: Measure J falls 0.56 percent short
Santa Monica mayor resigns, heads to Sacramento
Measure J edges closer to (but not over) 2/3
Richard Bloom's lead grows in Westside Assembly race
Previous story: Tuesday morning headlines
Next story: Here's when you know you're really, really rich
New at LA Observed
On the Politics Page
Go to Politics
Sign up for daily email from LA Observed