Movie City News has added rough, uncut video interviews to its mix of blogs. Up currently is a three-part chat with Vinessa Shaw, who strolls self-consciously through Palisades Park in Santa Monica gabbing with her friend Amy, who is off-camera. Shaw, who played the friendly street prostitute in Eyes Wide Shut, talks about her role in the remake of The Hills Have Eyes and her experiences as a pretty face and child of Hollywood.
Elsewhere on some L.A. blogs:
- The old Far East Cafe space on East 1st Street downtown has reopened as the open-late Chop Suey Cafe. Eating in L.A.
- Riding Metro Rapid 734 on Sepulveda. MetroRiderLA
- Tear-downs in Mar Vista, in pictures. Clueless and Slightly Slack
- Andrew at Here in Van Nuys doesn't care for Prof. Robert Bruegmann's Sunday take on L.A. traffic and sprawl. Here in Van Nuys
- A team from blogging.la paddled a dragon boat in the Lotus Festival races at Echo Park. They didn't win. Blogging.la, LAVoice, Sha in LA
- Gossip site Pink is the New Blog has migrated to Los Angeles. PTNB
- Marta Evry is a new contributing editor at West L.A. Online. WLAO
- Adrienne Crew interviews author Michelle Markel about her new children's book Dream Town, which blends in Southern California landmarks and architecture. LAist
Photo: Movie City News