- Los Angeles subscribers to the New York Times missed a juicy Bert Fields quote about Tom Cruise that the irate reporters got restored to this morning's later NYC edition, Nikki Finke says.
- The Daily Journal led today's paper with a police crackdown on Skid Row homeless who illegally possess milk crates. One passage says that LAPD officers were heard humming the theme music from "Sanford and Son" through a megaphone.
- MySpace is looking at starting up a print magazine.
- Home sales plunged 30% in California in July, yet the median price still crept up in Los Angeles.
- Sean Bonner of Blogging.la is interviewed about Los Angeles by LAist's Tony Pierce.
- Lifescapes' September issue features Dennis Hopper and his new retrospective at ACE Gallery. They plan to do the Culver City Arts District in November.
- Geoff Manaugh is relocating BLDGBLOG to Los Angeles soon as he figures out where to live.
- Eater, the New York foodie blog from the blogging enterprise behind the Curbed sites, is expanding west as Eater L.A. and looking for an item feeder-in-chief.
- Los Angeles ranks 23rd on Forbes' list of U.S. drinking cities, between Phoenix and New Orleans. It's based on the percentage of people who say they had a drink in the past thirty days.
LA Biz Observed: Lindsay Lohan talking to Coty about a fragrance deal, the NYT parachutes into Vernon, and what happens when you look like Billy Joel?
Here in Malibu: Two rival weeklies make Thursdays lively news days.
We Get Email: About, and from, L.A.'s Dopest Attorney.