Catching up with the day...
- Forget the term limits vote for November. Superior Court Judge Robert H. O'Brien took the City Council's measure off the ballot, ruling — as City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo advised — that it combines two subjects and thus violates the state Constitution. The council might appeal.
- Does Elliot Mintz have the worst job in Hollywood? He got the call after 1 am that his most troublesome client, Paris Hilton, had been arrested for DUI after blowing a 0.08. She was released on OR after an hour or so at the Hollywood station and later called in to Ryan Seacrest on KIIS-FM, telling him she had been looking for an In-N-Out burger.
- It's a bonanza for lobbyists as the Villaraigosa Administration's airport commission considers throwing open bidding on concession contracts at LAX.
- Caltrans is still stumped by the official looking Trump golf course signs popping up on freeways.
- Eli and Edythe Broad give $6 million to the L.A. Opera for a production of Richard Wagner's "Ring" cycle.
- Adrienne Crew signs off on her LAist Interview series with some questions for the artist Fette. Crew is the last of the original LAist writers to depart the site.