An evolving post that may be updated through the weekend, with the newest at the top...
- Meet LA Observed contributor Jenny Burman and other writers from the new issue of Black Clock reading at Dutton's Brentwood, Sunday afternoon at 2 pm.
- Why would the Los Angeles Business Journal do a piece on politically active attorney Pierce O'Donnell's new firm and never mention that he pleaded no contest to campaign contribution violations? Or not mention that LABJ publisher Matt Toledo signed that letter to Tribune Co.? Ex-LABJ editor Mark Lacter asks the questions and gets a reply from Toledo at LA Biz Observed (end of post.)
- Remember Eric Slater, the LAT reporter fired last year after he was accused of making up details in a story about Cal State Chico? He has resurfaced on the masthead of a fledgling investigative journalism website called Action Team 1.
- "Peggy Archer" of Totally Unauthorized has spun her sightings of abandoned couches on the streets of L.A. into a new blog.
- LAT's Richard Rushfield tagged along on media debut day for LonelyGirl15's Jessica Rose — aka Bree — and heard her complain that she's already afraid of being typecast.
- The Artful Writer, website of Writers Guild board member Craig Mazin was hacked but quickly repaired.
- Orange County's Renée and Henry Segerstrom Concert Hall officially opened.