- Now Michelle Delgadillo has business tax problems, but abruptly took care of them Friday in advance of a new round of stories. LAT, DN
- Popular progressive and previously faceless blogger Digby came out in public this week by accepting an award at the Take Back America conference. She (many thought Digby was male) lives in L.A. and has worked in Hollywood.
- Nice story in the Times on author John Shannon, creator of the Jack Liffey mystery series. Josh Getlin writes of Shannon: "He may be one of the best L.A. mystery writers you've never heard of....At a time when noir fiction is thriving, it's tempting to believe Shannon's moment has arrived. Yet in one review after another, critics lament that he has not found his true audience."
- Good magazine has posted videos of eleven U.S. veterans who served in Iraq or Afghanistan, for its July-August issue.
- LA Observed contributor Jenny Price guests on KPCC's "Off-Ramp" with John Rabe Saturday at noon to reveal more secrets about beach access in Malibu.
- CityBeat Deputy Editor Dean Kuipers is leaving for a web job at the Times' Weekend Calendar section. He emailed the staff (in part): "As one of the founders of CityBeat, I am extremely proud of all that we have accomplished together. We have emerged as a much-needed voice in hard news and cultural reporting, proving that there’s a universe of important stories in L.A. that still elude the big papers."
* Updated during weekend