- Supervisor Yvonne Brathwaite Burke admitted to the Times (after changing her story) that she doesn't live in the district where she represents most of black Los Angeles, but in a gated Brentwood home. The Times tailed her after she claimed to live in a Mar Vista townhouse rather than with her politically connected and wealthy husband.
- Police Protective League president Bob Baker retired from the LAPD and will work as a law enforcement liaison in the District Attorney's office. Tim Sands succeeds Baker at the union. Daily News, WitnessLA.
- The Times Calendar section throws in an unscheduled Patrick Goldstein column (about Sumner Redstone) after killing his much more interesting piece earlier in the week.
- David Lazarus' last consumer column for the San Francisco Chronicle thanks editors for taking enough heat on his behalf to boil soup. He couldn't say, though, that he was hired away by the Times.
- My LA Observed commentary on KCRW today at 4:44 pm will talk about the role of websites and blogs in spreading the news on Theresa Duncan and Jeremy Blake.
More by Kevin Roderick:Ralph Lawler of the Clippers and the age of Aquarius
Riding the Expo Line to USC 'just magical'
Last bastion of free parking? Loyola Marymount to charge students
Matt Kemp, Dodgers and Kings start big weekend the right way
LA Times writers revisit their '92 riots observations
Recent Morning Buzz stories on LA Observed:Morning Buzz: Friday 4.27.12
Morning Buzz: Thursday 4.26.12
Morning Buzz: Wednesday 4.25.12
Morning Buzz: Tuesday 4.24.12
Morning Buzz: Monday 4.23.12
New at LA Observed
Follow us on Twitter
On the Media Page
Go to Media
LA Biz Observed
Go to LA Biz Observed
Sign up for daily email from LA Observed