I'm still tied up on a deadline, but here are some items in the news this morning:
- The Breeze's Gene Maddaus examines the Fox 11 report alleging Councilwoman Janice Hahn has gang ties and concludes it had "major flaws that undermine its central allegations."
- Ray Cortines sounds a lot like the de facto superintendent of LAUSD in a conversation with the Times editorial board.
- Sheriff Lee Baca shuts down recruit training because of reported violations, including the distractions of a reality TV show. LAT, DN
- You can call her Speaker Karen Bass now.
- Getty Trust eliminates 114 positions through attrition, buyouts and layoffs, says Anne-Marie O'Connor in the LAT. Earlier memo from Tyler Green's Modern Arts Notes.
- Wolfgang Puck's people say he has filed a trademark infringement suit against Wolfgang's Steakhouse by Wolfgang Zwiener, a restaurant in Beverly Hills on the same street as Puck's Spago.
Check out Mark Lacter's Morning Headlines for more.