- Activate Storm Watch 2008: a quarter-inch of rain threatens Los Angeles. LAT
- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa will unveil a $5-billion, five-year housing plan calling for thousands of new homes along subway and bus lines and other developments that will "alter the look and feel of the city forever." LAT, Bill Boyarsky
- The Daily News got one more government salary series out of the departing Beth Barrett: the LAUSD this time. DN
- Lynda and Stewart Resnick pledge $45 million to LACMA for a new exhibition pavilion designed by architect Renzo Piano in glass and travertine marble. LAT
- Councilman Ed Reyes asked the city to seek federal legislation that would declare the area around the stadium as "Dodgertown." Orlov/Daily News
- A gunman opened fire at a festival on Abbot Kinney in Venice, killing one man and wounding a woman. LAT, Breeze
- L.A. journalist Karen Ocamb grew up in Westport, CT and learned from local resident Paul Newman how to clean fish. Huffington Post
- Diane Keaton performed a "a whispered chanteuse rendition of 'God Bless America' and Steve Martin played the banjo at a weekend fundraiser for Mark Udall and other Democrats at the home of CAA partner David O'Connor. Sharon Waxman
- Melissa Grego, executive editor at Broadcasting & Cable, has relaunched Mel's Diner, her blog for reporting on dining out with Hollywood types.
- Dennis Romero, formerly of Tu Ciudad and the L.A. Times, starts today as staff writer at Entrepreneur magazine in Irvine.
- SoCal Sports Observed contributor Phil Wallace hosts a baseball playoffs preview show at noon on KSCR 1560 AM.
- Doris “Dodo” Meyer, one of the key early supporters of Tom Bradley’s black-Jewish coalition and later his "mayor of the Valley" for 20 years, died Saturday at age 83.
Morning Buzz: Monday 9.29.08
More by Kevin Roderick:Standing up to Harvey Weinstein
LA Times gets a top editor with nothing but questions
LA Observed Notes: Harvey Weinstein stripped bare
LA Observed Notes: Photos of the homeless, photos that found homes
Recent Morning Buzz stories on LA Observed:Thursday news and notes
A little bit of mid-week reading
A few links from a few different places
Let's talk about anything but the weather
A few links from here and there
A couple of links from a couple of places
A bit of news from a few places
Morning Buzz: Wednesday 4.16.14