- Arts organizations led by the Los Angeles Opera today will announce Ring Festival L.A., a 10-week festival in spring 2010 inspired by the upcoming production of Richard Wagner's epic "Ring" cycle. The festival will include performances, symposiums, concerts, special exhibitions and film screenings, and has received a $6 million grant from Eli Broad's foundation. LAT
- Five people were found shot to death in a homeless encampment beside the 405 freeway in Long Beach. LAT, AP, Press-Telegram
- The Times' Readers Representative blog discusses, in an unsigned post, the paper's refusal to release the videotape sought by McCain supporters in the final days of the campaign.
- The Los Angeles Police Protective League has hired Don Novey, former head of the state prison guards' union, to consult on political matters. Orlov/DN
- Olivet and Sinai were returned to Angels Flight and the repaired Downtown railway may reopen in the near future. Curbed LA
- Josh Friedman, who wrote the weekly box office report, was among the recent L.A. Times departures, Nikki Finke says. DHD
- More families with children are being seen at Skid Row missions. Downtown News
- Food banks in Los Angeles are running short. DN
- Tim Haddock, who volunteered to be part of the Daily News layoffs last week, has posted a blog diary he has kept intermittently over the past year that he calls the last days of a journalist.
- Eyeball-seeking headline of the day on LATimes.com: Sex content on TV linked to teen pregnancy.
- Metblogs founder Sean Bonner and Tara Brown were married on Halloween at the top of Runyon Canyon. Photos to prove it.
More by Kevin Roderick:Ralph Lawler of the Clippers and the age of Aquarius
Riding the Expo Line to USC 'just magical'
Last bastion of free parking? Loyola Marymount to charge students
Matt Kemp, Dodgers and Kings start big weekend the right way
LA Times writers revisit their '92 riots observations
Recent Morning Buzz stories on LA Observed:Morning Buzz: Friday 4.27.12
Morning Buzz: Thursday 4.26.12
Morning Buzz: Wednesday 4.25.12
Morning Buzz: Tuesday 4.24.12
Morning Buzz: Monday 4.23.12
New at LA Observed
Follow us on Twitter
On the Media Page
Go to Media
On the Politics Page
Go to Politics
LA Biz Observed
Go to LA Biz Observed
Sign up for daily email from LA Observed