- Los Angeles will give up its federal certificate to operate Palmdale airport as part of the regional airport web, but the city of Palmdale hopes to take over. LAT
- Competing rallies were held over the fate of the L.A. Zoo elephant exhibit. DN
- The L.A. Chamber of Commerce PAC endorsed Adeena Bleich in the 5th council district race.
- The LAPD and the Police Protective League are squabbling over when officers should submit samples of their DNA during use of force investigations. LAT
- John Fishel resigned effective Dec. 31 as president of the L.A. Jewish Federation after 17 years. Jewish Journal
- Book Soup and Skylight Books did very well on the profit ledger last year. LAT
- Jack Skelley argued in favor of a South Park condo development without disclosing he's its hired rep. Blogdowntown
- The end of swing dancing at The Derby in Los Feliz has revived the Save the Derby website.
- Bridget Johnson didn't stay long at the Rocky Mountain News: the former Daily News columnist is heading to Washington as web editor for The Hill.
- Eric Alterman's Altercation blog covering media and politics is now based at The Nation magazine website.
- The San Diego Chargers appear to be inching closer to a possible return to their former home in Los Angeles. Sam Farmer/LAT
- T.J. Simers columnized a tribute for laid-off Daily News sports columnist Steve Dilbeck, while blasting retiring Dodger Jeff Kent. LAT
- Can theater survive without theater critics? Gilbert Cates of the Geffen Playhouse, Sheldon Epps of the Pasadena Playhouse and Michael Ritchie of the Center Theatre Group guest with Larry Mantle on KPCC at 10:30 a.m.
- Steve Knopper, "author of Appetite for Destruction: The Spectacular Crash of the Record Industry in the Digital Age," talks with Patt Morrison on KPCC at 1 p.m.
Morning Buzz: Tuesday 1.27.09
More by Kevin Roderick:Standing up to Harvey Weinstein
LA Times gets a top editor with nothing but questions
LA Observed Notes: Harvey Weinstein stripped bare
LA Observed Notes: Photos of the homeless, photos that found homes
Recent Morning Buzz stories on LA Observed:Thursday news and notes
A little bit of mid-week reading
A few links from a few different places
Let's talk about anything but the weather
A few links from here and there
A couple of links from a couple of places
A bit of news from a few places
Morning Buzz: Wednesday 4.16.14