- The Steve Cooley connection behind City Attorney candidate Carmen Trutanich. LA Weekly
- The San Fernando Valley economy has pulled out of the recession but a holding pattern could continue the rest of the year, says the head of CSUN's economic research center. DN
- Orange County Assemblyman Van Tran was recruited by D.A. Republicans to run against Rep. Loretta Sanchez setting up "one of the nation’s hottest Congressional races of 2010," says Martin Wisckol. Register
- LAUSD Supt. Ramon Cortines says the teachers cited in the Times series on difficult to fire teachers are milking the system and if it was up to him they would be fired. LAT
- Jason Song, the L.A. Times reporter who wrote this week's series on the difficulty of firing LAUSD teachers. guests on KPCC's "Patt Morrison" at 2 p.m. with union leader A. J. Duffy.
- A City Council committee voted Wednesday to move the Los Angeles Marathon back to a Sunday in March beginning next year. LAT, KPCC
- Activist is riled up about the future of democracy over the cash-strapped city's plan to cut neighborhood council funds from $50,000 a year to $11,000. Ron Kaye
- Henry's Farmers Market opens today in Woodland Hills with many staffers who have no market experience. DN
- Tonight's "SoCal Connected" on KCET revisits some of the Locke High students the show previously featured.
- The Crenshaw Community Garden is trying to come back to life. LA Beez
- Erin Aubry Kaplan writes that on the eve of her 30-year reunion, her time at Gardena High School "is turning out to be far and away the most racially integrated experience I've ever had on my home turf." KCET
- The Dodgers won a record 13th straight game at home to open the season. LAT
- Dodger Thoughts blogger Jon Weisman guests on "Airtalk" with Larry Mantle at 11:30 to talk about his new book, "100 Things Dodgers Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die." He was on KCRW's Which way, L.A.? last night.
More by Kevin Roderick:Ralph Lawler of the Clippers and the age of Aquarius
Riding the Expo Line to USC 'just magical'
Last bastion of free parking? Loyola Marymount to charge students
Matt Kemp, Dodgers and Kings start big weekend the right way
LA Times writers revisit their '92 riots observations
Recent Morning Buzz stories on LA Observed:Morning Buzz: Friday 4.27.12
Morning Buzz: Thursday 4.26.12
Morning Buzz: Wednesday 4.25.12
Morning Buzz: Tuesday 4.24.12
Morning Buzz: Monday 4.23.12
Previous story: 20 homes burn in Santa Barbara on warm night
Next story: Say it ain't so: Manny suspended 50 games
New at LA Observed
Follow us on Twitter
On the Media Page
Go to Media
LA Biz Observed
Go to LA Biz Observed
Sign up for daily email from LA Observed