Quick roundup for getaway day:
- Roman Polanski was granted bail and possibly house arrest in Switzerland, but an appeal is pending. L.A. Now
- Pot dispensaries could continue to accept cash for medical marijuana under a provision approved by the City Council, and Mayor Villaraigosa takes a stand. LAT, DN
- Meanwhile, the city's debt was downgraded by Fitch Ratings, raising City Hall's cost of borrowing. L.A. Now
- A federal court judge denied the move by backers of Christine Essel to throiw out the city's law limiting independent campaign expenditures. LAT
- City Council members Dennis Zine and Greig Smith endorsed Christine Essel in CD2.
- Community college board members won't say why they paid ex-chancellor Marshall Drummond $428,000 to leave office. Neon Tommy
- Gardenia Mendoza Aguilar of La Opinión won the Guillermo Martínez-Márquez Award for Latin American Reporting for her look into the dangerous trek by Central Americans crossing through Mexico to get to the United States.
- Charis Wilson, the model, muse and last wife of photographer Edward Weston, died at age 95. LAT