Krekorian goes back to Sacramento, Art Torres gets a raise, another reporter move at the Times and City Hall's beacon shone last night. More news and notes after the jump.
- Newly elected Episcopal suffragan Mary Glasspool has become a potent symbol of hope for gays in the national church but a portent of doom for traditionalists worried about their denomination unraveling. LAT
Plus: She was a guest this week on "Patt Morrison." Audio
- Councilman-elect Paul Krekorian returned to his duties in Sacramento Thursday, saying he will take a look at reforming the use of independent expenditures in campaigns. DN
- Directors of the state's stem cell agency voted Thursday to triple the salary of former state lawmaker and California Democratic Party Chairman Art Torres. Sacto Bee
- David R. Solow could be out as the head of Metrolink and a new, interim chief executive named as early as today. LAT
- Her landlord describes the murder of Eun Kang, who was pregnant with twins, in her apartment a block off Abbot Kinney in Venice. LAT
- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger plans to speak about climate change at the Copenhagen conference next week. Sacto Bee
- Assemblyman Pedro Nava is raising money for his state AG campaign with a fundraiser Dec. 19 at the Beverly Hills home of Ellen and Dennis Lavinthal.
- Controller Wendy Greuel found in an audit that the city pays its bills too early, leading to a loss of up to $8.1 million a year in interest and earnings on investments. DN
Plus:Greuel guests on KPCC's "Patt Morrison" at 1:20 p.m. to talk about the audit.
- State Sen. Jeff Denham ended his campaign for lieutenant governor and will run for Assembly. Modesto Bee
- Journalist Vince Beiser found the LA Weekly's story on pot clinics half-baked and hysterical. Huff Post
- Detectives are now treating the killing of lawyer Jeffrey Tidus outside his home in Rolling Hills Estates as a homicide. LAT, Breeze
- The Los Angeles Planning Commission voted Thursday to approve the final phase of the massive Playa Vista development. LAT
- The Los Angeles Athletic Club showed off renovations of its hotel rooms. Blogdowntown
- Bill Boyarsky "weaves a compelling narrative" on the role of the L.A. Times in the history of Los Angeles in "Inventing L.A.: The Chandlers and Their Times.” CalBuzz
- On the demise of Kirkus Reviews. Carolyn Kellogg
- The other part of Duke Helfand moving from Metro to Business at the L.A. Times is Biz reporter Lisa Girion going the other way. Readers' Rep. Journal
- City Hall's rooftop Lindbergh beacon was turned on last night. Metblogs
- Actor Gene Barry died Wednesday of congestive heart failure at an assisted living center in Woodland Hills. LAT