More rain today, the inmate release plan kicks in, Inglewood's mayor pleads out and resigns, plus a couple of local obituaries — and more.
- A minor storm is expected to blow into our area during the day today.
- Kobe Bryant was scheduled to have breakfast with President Obama this morning. LAT
- Release of some inmates and reclassifying of some parolees to save money begins in California. LAT, DN
Plus: Schwarzenegger suggests building prisons in Mexico. Sacto Bee
- Meg Whitman has dumped $39 million of her own money into her run for governor and has some advice for America in her new book: "Be frugal." SF Chronicle
- Felon admits that video purporting to show LAPD making a bad bust was fabricated after the fact. LAT
- Neighborhood council leaders say they want to have a bigger voice in how the city sets its budget priorities. DN
- Damage claims by a Los Angeles County official and his wife against District Attorney Steve Cooley and the county over searches of the official’s home and the wife’s business have been ordered dismissed by a Court of Appeal. Met News-Enterprise
- Inglewood mayor Roosevelt Dorn pleaded guilty to corruption charges and resigned. LAT, Daily Breeze
- Charles Samuel was ordered to stand trial for the murder of Lily Burk after graphic testimony about the teenager's wounds. LAT
- Plans to raise the speed limits on three streets in the Valley has some activists and pols crying foul. LAist
- L.A. Radio.com has a full rundown on the radio winners in Saturday's Golden Mikes.
- The only media outlet of any scale or reach that has made consistent use of the Huffington Post Investigative Fund's free content is...the Huffington Post. Gawker
- Andrew E. Lange, the Goldberger Professor of Physics at Caltech and a preeminent cosmologist of his generation, died at age 53, possibly of suicide. SGV Tribune
- Aaron Stovitz, the original prosecutor of Charles Manson and three followers who was removed from the case after a dispute with his boss over out-of-court comments, died Monday of leukemia at the age of 86. AP, LAT