Coverage plan for Lindsay Lohan's jail hearing, dubious City Council fundraising, dubious CRA media advice, outrage but no action in Bell plus much more. Inside after the jump.
- CNN will provide the pool video of the 8:30 a.m. Lindsay Lohan pre-jail hearing in Beverly Hills with a camera on Lohan and another on Judge Marsha Revel. The Lohan camera will go dark as soon as she is remanded into custody.
Plus: Robert Shapiro went to see Revel Monday afternoon and is no longer Lohan's lawyer. TMZ
- Councilman Tony Cardenas plans a July 29 fundraiser at a restaurant owned by a company trying to get one of the big LAX concession contracts — and thee same day will chair a Board of Referred Powers meeting on the same contract. LA Weekly
- Bruce Ackerman, board chairman of the Community Redevelopment Agency, advised his fellow commissioners they should refuse to talk to the news media unless coached with talking points by the agency's public relations staff. LAT
- Lede of the day, from Kevin Modesti in the Daily News: "Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa went to work Monday with a sling on one arm and a familiar brunette on the other." DN
- The Daily News editorial page has started a web page to compile its leadership challenges to Mayor Villaraigosa, plus his tweets and photos of him around town. Page
- Police Protective League president Paul Weber appeared on "NBC Nightly News" to criticize parole release of prison inmates. Video
- The Grim Sleeper killings reflected an era of crime and law enforcement in South Los Angeles. NYT
- Residents of Bell packed a City Council meeting Monday night and reportedly were outraged that City Administrative Officer Robert Rizzo was not fired over his nearly $800,000 annual salary. Rizzo did not attend the meeting. LAT
- 17 people were injured by excess chlorination of a swimming pool in Arcadia. SGV Tribune
- Emma Gallegos, formerly of the Pasadena Star-News, joined the Los Angeles Daily Journal as a staff writer covering healthcare law. Gorkana
- A blood drive will be begin at 7 a.m. in support of Randy Opperman III, the son and grandson of active-duty Los Angeles firefighters who needs blood and platelets. Donors will get a pancake breakfast served by firefighters. Station 87 at 10124 Balboa Blvd. in Granada Hills.
- Former USC coach Pete Carrol talks about his new book, “Win Forever: Live, Work and Play Like a Champion,” at 11:30 a.m. on "Airtalk" on KPCC.
- The TSA will advanced imaging technology at LAX Terminal 6 at 2 p.m.
- Controversial Maricopa County, Arizona sheriff Joseph Arpaio calls into Patt Morrison on KPCC at 2 p.m.