Villaraigosa on CNN, John & Ken play the phone number card again, Pico-Union left out of stadium talk and more.
Short stack today.
- Mayor Villaraigosa is scheduled to be interviewed live by CNN's Randi Kaye between 10:20 and 10:30 a.m.
- KFI's John and Ken gave out the cellphone number of immigration rights activist Jorge-Mario Cabrera, so of course hundreds of yahoos called him with threats and worse. One idiot called 32 times. Do J & K give out their own numbers? Lowest trick in the talk radio bag of cheap stunts. LAT
- Pico-Union neighborhood mostly left out in discussion of AEG's NFL stadium. LAT
- Students from UCLA and USC are sitting side by side in a joint graduate seminar on the history of Los Angeles taught by Eric Avila, a UCLA professor of history, Chicano studies and urban planning, and William Deverell, a professor of history at USC. Daily Bruin
- David Murphy, president of Angelenos Against Gridlock, writes abut being hit twice by cars this year and urges more care toward bicyclists. Huffington Post
- As expected, the massive fish die-off in Redondo Beach harbor earlier this year was due to a drop in oxygen. Breeze
- Family locates their dad alive in a ravine near Castaic five or six days after his car crashed. AP
- Piccolo's used books has taken over the former Borders store at Howard Hughes Center and at The Pike in Long Beach.
- Wire headline you'll probably click on, from Orange County: Arrest of naked couple in car uncovers credit card fraud ring.