- Hollywood supporters of President Obama talk with Tina Daunt about their disappointment with how things have gone this term. The Hollywood Reporter
- The state Republican Party convenes today for three days at the J.W. Marriott at L.A. Live.
- Part one of a new investigative series on the culture of abuse at the L.A. County jails, focusing on a clique of sheriff's deputies. A collaboration between Witness L.A. and Spot.Us.
- Two embattled Coliseum managers have been allowed to take paid leave.
- An audio recording of Tim Rutten's talk at the media group The Old Farts Society is on their website.
- Cesar Chavez’s 187-acre headquarters in Keene, southeast of Bakersfield, has been added to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Simon Rodia's Watts Towers are "strangely inspiring and ethereal," says The Guardian in the U.K.
More by Kevin Roderick:Two more lion cubs tracked in Santa Monica Mountains
Friday desk clearing
Biden, Michelle Obama add LA fundraisers
Morning Buzz: Friday 8.3.12
Bus riders rejoice: Wilshire to be re-paved
Recent Morning Buzz stories on LA Observed:Morning Buzz: Friday 8.3.12
Morning Buzz: Wednesday 8.1.12
Morning Buzz: Tuesday 7.31.12
Morning Buzz: Monday 7.30.12
Morning Buzz: Thursday 7.26.12
Previous story: Los Angeles magazine, the women's issue *
New at LA Observed
Follow us on Twitter
On the Media Page
Go to Media
LA Biz Observed
Go to LA Biz Observed
Sign up for daily email from LA Observed