- Jeffrey Katzenberg will host a spring fundraiser for President Obama at his new $35 million home in the Trousdale Estates section of Beverly Hills, says The Hollywood Reporter.
- Donald Trump made his endorsement of Mitt Romney official in the Republican race for president.
- Sarah Palin, as portrayed by Julianne Moore in an upcoming HBO movie, comes across as on the verge of falling apart in the closing weeks of the 2008 campaign.
- Rep. Howard Berman received the endorsement of the California arm of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees. Also in the 30th congressional district, Rep. Brad Sherman was endorsed by Councilman Paul Krekorian.
- A federal appeals court refused Thursday to make public the video of the Proposition 8 same-sex marriage trial, as the judge promised when he allowed the taping.
And a politics-related media note: Former Daily News and LA Business Journal reporter James Nash is returning to Los Angeles on the politics and government beat for Bloomberg. He's currently based in Sacramento. Chris Palmeri is moving to the entertainment desk to cover Disney, casinos and cruise lines.