Beverly Hills real estate developer Alan Casden did not make the cut of potential Dodgers buyers invited to Monday's meetings major league baseball's owners, Bill Shaikin reports. Without Casden, the Times says the remaining bidder groups are:
- Steve Cohen, the hedge-fund billionaire, and agent Arn Tellem.
- St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke.
- Baseball executive Stan Kasten, Guggenheim Partners chief executive Mark Walter and Magic Johnson.
- New York media investor Leo Hindery
- Los Angeles investor Stanley Gold
- Memphis Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley and Los Angeles investor Tony Ressler
Plus this, just to keep it interesting: "McCourt has told people familiar with the sale process that he might introduce new bidders in the coming week." But baseball's overseers would probably ask a mediator to reject new bidders, Shaikin says.