- The anonymous mole inside Fox News who was feeding dirt to Gawker was identified and escorted from the building.
- City Controller Wendy Greuel will release an audit of the Memorial Coliseum’s finances at 10:45 a.m.
- Police say two officers saw Susanna Schick fall from her bike in the Spring Street green lane the other night, but friends and some cycling advocates insist she was hit by a driver in a case of road rage. Either way, she's in the hospital.
- L.A. County sheriff’s deputy Michael Cedarland still holds a valid driver's license despite suffering seizures and causing a fatal traffic crash while off-duty, KPCC reported.
- Former KNBC reporter Doug Kriegel posted that he's leaving as editor of Sherman Oaks Patch after a year and a half. He surfaced in 2010 first at the Studio City Patch.
- Another big quake: 6.9 in the Gulf of California offshore from Guerrero Negro in Baja California Sur. USGS
- David Haldane, the former reporter who wrote for Orange Coast magazine about having a younger bride from the Phillipines, turned his piece into a radio segment for this weekend's KPCC Off-Ramp.
- In honor of the new Three Stooges movie, Paul Skolnick stopped in at Forest Lawn Glendale and visited the grave of Larry Fine to complete his trifecta (actually, his foursome as Stooge fans know is the appropriate number.)
- Twelve librarians who made or saved Los Angeles history.
- Eli Broad will receive an honorary degree from Otis College of Art and Design on May 12.
- Noel Massie is the new chairman of the Board of the Directors of the Los Angeles Urban League.
More by Kevin Roderick:Ralph Lawler of the Clippers and the age of Aquarius
Riding the Expo Line to USC 'just magical'
Last bastion of free parking? Loyola Marymount to charge students
Matt Kemp, Dodgers and Kings start big weekend the right way
LA Times writers revisit their '92 riots observations
Recent Morning Buzz stories on LA Observed:Morning Buzz: Friday 4.27.12
Morning Buzz: Thursday 4.26.12
Morning Buzz: Wednesday 4.25.12
Morning Buzz: Tuesday 4.24.12
Morning Buzz: Monday 4.23.12
Previous story: Correction o' the day
New at LA Observed
Follow us on Twitter
On the Media Page
Go to Media
LA Biz Observed
Go to LA Biz Observed
Sign up for daily email from LA Observed