The Kings took their Cup to Dodger Stadium on Wednesday and appeared to be seriously enjoying themselves. They posed on the field, tried on Dodgers uniforms in the clubhouse and tweeted about meeting Don Mattingly. Kings blogger Rich Hammond posted a series of photos, and linked to a pretty great posed shot by Jon SooHoo showing players from the Kings, Dodgers and Angels all massed around the Stanley Cup on the infield grass. An LA sports photo for the ages.
Also of note:
- Here's the best video I've seen of the moment when the Kings won the Cup, from the vantage point of a fan at the glass behind the Kings net. Talk about a mosh pit.
- Kings goalie Jonathan Quick, whose two-year-old daughter stole the show at a post-game press conference, posted this Twitter picture of her: "My daughter has had her video on repeat for the past half hour."
- The clip from Tuesday of Dustin Brown's sons drinking chocolate milk from the Stanley Cup is now an official NHL video.
- Retired longtime Kings trainer Pete Demers, who gets a big hand whenever his face is shown on the Staples Center scoreboard, got his moment with the Stanley Cup — and used it to drink a Budweiser he saved from 1993, the last time the Kings played for the Cup.
- The radio call by Kings announcers Nick Nickson and Daryl Evans.
- Bob Miller of the Kings and Vin Scully of the Dodgers chatting on ESPN Radio. Audio