San Fernando Valley

San Fernando ex-mayor wants charges dropped against ex

mario-hernandez-150x180.jpgMario Hernandez, who resigned last week as a San Fernando City Councilman, said the DA's charges against Councilwoman (and ex-girlfriend) Maribel De La Torre over a violent argument should be dropped. He also said that he only filed for a restraining order against De La Torre at the urging of a biased San Fernando police sergeant who was motivated by revenge. From NBC 4:

“When you have an investigating officer posting comments on Facebook that clearly relate to the council member, mayor and myself, saying, 'San Fernando residents urge mayor, council members to resign,' he's no longer impartial,'" Hernandez said. “He's looking to hang someone.”

Hernandez said he plans to meet with the Los Angeles District Attorney on Monday to withdraw all charges.


More by Kevin Roderick:
Standing up to Harvey Weinstein
The Media
LA Times gets a top editor with nothing but questions
LA Observed Notes: Harvey Weinstein stripped bare
LA Observed Notes: Photos of the homeless, photos that found homes
Recent San Fernando Valley stories on LA Observed:
The Smoke House
James Dean died 61 years ago today. Now the famous gas station is gone
Two Metro lines for two different LAs
Canoga Park Memorial Day parade
The Valley's long recount
Lisker Chronicles: Bruce Lisker waits for justice
Valley Girl at 30
Tennis worth watching in Calabasas


 

LA Observed on Twitter