- Bernard Parks, Zev Yaroslavsky (and John Sandbrook) and the Coliseum.
- City Attorney Carmen Trutanich breaks another pledge, fails to deliver $100,000 to a kids' program by his birthday. Later updated here
- Metro will soon dig an exploratory shaft near the La Brea Tar Pits to see what tunneling for the subway extension will encounter.
- Randy Falco, Univision’s President and CEO, sent a letter to the head of the Commission on Presidential Debates expressing “disappointment” that millions of Hispanics won’t “have a voice in the upcoming presidential debates.”
- Making people aware of the Arroyo Rosa de Castilla in El Sereno.
- Los Angeles County officials and private donors are announcing a plan to spend $105 million to move 1,000 chronically homeless into housing.
- Add the Silver Line to the list of Metro routes getting late-night service.
- Mark Thompson of "Mark and Brian" heads off to North Carolina.
- The L.A. Times is opening up its Olympic Boulevard printing plant for fun and educational free tours during the Sept. 13 Art Walk.
- A Santa Monica gadfly filed a claim claiming that wireless signals from that city's new parking meters are harming her.
- Former USC running back Reggie Bush finally returned his copy of the controversial 2005 Heisman Trophy, a spokesman for the Heisman Trust confirmed to ESPNLosAngeles.com.
- Bob Birch, longtime bassist for Elton John, died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot in Los Angeles.
More by Kevin Roderick:Lance Armstrong reportedly may do the mea culpa
Mayor's race Friday
LAT's Plaschke on nude Helen Hunt, her 'lady garden' and hotel porn
LA rape conviction thrown out on obscure technicality
Morning Buzz: Friday 1.4.13
Recent Morning Buzz stories on LA Observed:Morning Buzz: Friday 1.4.13
Morning Buzz: Thursday 1.3.13
Morning Buzz: Wednesday 1.2.13
Morning Buzz: Friday 12.21.12
Morning Buzz: Thursday 12.20.12
Previous story: Hotel Shangri-La discriminated against Jews, jury rules
New at LA Observed
Follow us on Twitter
On the Media Page
Go to Media
LA Biz Observed
Go to LA Biz Observed
Sign up for daily email from LA Observed