President Obama with UCLA students on a previous visit.
President Barack Obama arrives in Los Angles during the afternoon drive time later today and will be getting around as he attends a taping of "Jimmy Kimmel Live" in Hollywood and and at least one Democratic National Committee fundraiser. Police are advising of these closures and complications during the president's visit, which extends to Friday morning.
- Sepulveda Boulevard closed between Lincoln and Century boulevards, for eight minutes between 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. The LAPD recommends avoiding that part of Sepulveda near LAX between 3 and 5 p.m.
- Hollywood Boulevard closed between Orange Drive and Highland Avenue between 4:25 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. Also Hawthorn Avenue between Orange and Highland. Avoid Highland at all times anyway, but specially those hours today.
- In Santa Monica, 20th Street closed between Marguerita and Carlyle avenues between 4 p.m. and 7:30. Also 19th Street between Marguerita and Carlyle between 6:15 and 7:30 p.m. Police advise avoiding Ocean Avenue between Pico and San Vicente boulevards between and San Vicente between Ocean Avenue and 25th Street from 4 to 7:30 p.m.
- In Burbank, Hollywood Way closed between Empire Avenue and Glenoaks Boulevard between 4 and 5:30 p.m. Avoid Sheldon Street between Roscoe Boulevard and San Fernando Road from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
Also avoid these areas:
- Overland Avenue between National Place and Tennessee Avenue between 7 and 8:30 p.m.
- Pico Boulevard between Overland Avenue and Century Park East between 7 and 8:30 p.m.
- Avenue of the Stars between Pico and Olympic boulevards between 7 and 8:30 p.m.
Friday morning's traffic backups are expected between 6 and 8 a.m. around Pico between Avenue of the Stars and Westwood Boulevard, Overland Avenue between Olympic and National Boulevard and Centinela Avenue between Pico and Ocean Park.