Nikki Finke [and lots of others] got advance leaks of the upcoming Vanity Fair story on the Anthony Pellicano case. She compiles a series of links to highlights. Among them:
- Brad Grey used Pellicano for work on behalf of Brad Pitt and Adam Sandler, and a former colleagues says "There wasnít a day that I didnít hear the words ĎAnthony Pellicanoí come out of Bradís mouth."
- Bert Fields tried to get Hollywood to donate support for Pellicano's children.
- Tarita Virtue, Pellicanoís former executive vice president, describes the wiretapping "war room."
- Tapping in area code 310 was easy, but for 323, 213, 626, and 818 "Pellicano had to rent an apartment in each area code where he could stash a Macintosh and a detachable hard drive."
Last night: Daily Journal scoop on coming investigation—with possible reporter subpoenas—into Pellicano case leaks to the New York Times.
* VF posts: (1:30 pm) The Vanity Fair website posts the story and claims "No scandal in Hollywood history can compare to the Anthony Pellicano wiretapping scandal." Turns out Finke just posted the promotional email sent to lots of reporters.