New shorts will be tacked on to the end...
- Updated: A 19-year-old handyman at Oakland's Your Black Muslim Bakery told police he killed Oakland Post Editor Chauncey Bailey over stories critical of the bakery.
- The LAT discovers that Matt Drudge has become a favorite conduit for the mainstream media and has a man in Los Angeles who created a side business by pointing Drudge Report links his way. Next up: Times hears Bush may go to war against Saddam Hussein.
- Christopher Knight proclaims The Arts in Latin America: 1492-1820 at LACMA "destined to change a lot of minds....easily the most important exhibition in Los Angeles this year."
- Susan A. Kitchens live-blogs the launch of the Phoenix lander.
- Comedy writer-blogger Ken Levine lists his favorite comedy screenplays of all time, leaving out his own.
- The federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has opened an inquiry into complaints of racism and discrimination in the Los Angeles Fire Department.
- Phil Wallace joins the LA Observed contributor lineup with a post at SoCal Sports Observed on the Clippers' playoff chances now that Elton Brand has a busted Achilles tendon.
And I've added Fabricio Vai's gallery of Los Angeles shots at Dataxy.com to the roll of local photography blogs. Union Station's passenger hall: