- Record producer Jerry Wexler has died at age 91. NYT
- DWP commission president Nick Patsaouras sent Mayor Villaraigosa a resignation letter, but apparently has been talked out of quitting. LAT
- Deadbeat congresswoman Laura Richardson got her foreclosed Sacramento home back, but now it has been declared a public nuisance. LAT
- Early sizing-up by Rick Orlov of the race for City Attorney. DN
- An e-mailer correspondent says the Los Angeles Sentinel has taken down a puff piece from earlier this month on labor leader (now embattled) Tyrone Freeman. It does appear to be gone.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson and Joe Hicks debate the realities of black-brown tension in Los Angeles. Dust-Up
- TellZell.com has launched a petition asking Tribune to add board seats for representatives of the workers and the readers. TZ
- Donald Sterling's cattle call. LA Daily
Pledge drive continues at KCRW, so there will be no LA Observed of the air today. I return to 89.9 FM (and KCRW.org) next Friday at 4:44 pm.