- Channel 5 had Stan Chambers throw the switch to change over to digital TV, making the point that he worked at the station for the entire analog era. Video
- LAPD officer Stephanie Lazarus reported her .38 missing a few weeks after the 1986 killing she is charged with carrying out. The murder weapon is a .38. LAT
- The Office of Independent Monitor recommended that the federal court consent decree that governs the LAPD be dropped. LAT
- Mayor Villaraigosa and Gavin Newsom will both take part in Sunday's L.A. Pride Parade in West Hollywood. City Attorney-elect Carmen Trutanich will ride a Harley. Sausage Factory
- Rachelle Spector chats about meeting Phil, refutes the gold digger accusation and reenacts the crime for Sam Rubin on KTLA hoping to prove that her husband Phil did not do the killing. Video
- KFI and host Bill Handel apologized for a joke about the Armenian genocide. “We deeply regret the inappropriate comments that were made on Bill Handel’s show last month which deeply hurt the Armenian American community. The comments were wrong,” said Robin Bertolucci, KFI Program Director.
- The L.A. Arts Town Hall was held today in Downtown.
- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger guests on NBC-4's "News Conference" Sunday morning at 9:30. Conan Nolan hosts.
- The LAPD is gearing up for possible trouble on Sunday anticipating a Lakers' championship — but Councilwoman Jan Perry says the city can't afford a Lakers' victory parade. LAT, LAT
- Pink's is opening a hot dog outlet in Las Vegas at Planet Hollywood’s Miracle Mile Shops this August. LV Sun
- The Crescenta Valley Sun was closed by Times Community Newspapers and coverage will be provided by the Glendale News-Press. Here's why.
- Off-Ramp re-airs the documentary “The Ashes of Oakridge,” about the wildfire that left hundreds homeless at a mobile home park in Sylmar, on Saturday at noon on KPCC.
- Author and journalist Janelle Brown is blogging at All We Ever Wanted Was a Blog.
Friday desk clearing
More by Kevin Roderick:Standing up to Harvey Weinstein
LA Times gets a top editor with nothing but questions
LA Observed Notes: Harvey Weinstein stripped bare
LA Observed Notes: Photos of the homeless, photos that found homes
Recent News stories on LA Observed:Suspect with guns did not threaten LA Pride parade, police now say
Monday news and notes: Politics, media and more
News and notes: Politics, media and place
Monday notes: Politics, media and place
News and notes for a Tuesday
End of the week desk clearing
News and notes: 2015 into 2016
LA Unified closes all schools due to threat