Blogger offers three finalists for LAPD chief, Polanski staying put and more. After the jump.
- Blogger Joe Scott, who also works for DA Steve Cooley, says sources tell him the finalists for LAPD chief are senior officials Jim McDonnell, Earl Paysinger and Charlie Beck, and that Mayor Villaraigosa favors Beck. Joe Scott
- Airport commission voted to go ahead with $1 billion upgrade and expansion of the Tom Bradley International Terminal. LAT, NYT, Breeze
- Roman Polanski was denied bail by a Swiss court that said the filmmaker has a strong motivation to flee the country to avoid extradition to Los Angeles. Bloomberg
- Los Angeles' ban on new medical marijuana dispensaries is invalid, a Superior Court judge said Monday in a decision that undermines the city's 4-month-old drive to shut down hundreds of the stores. LAT, DN
Plus: The Times says the ruling involves a pot outlet in Playa Vista, but Playa Vists is demanding a correction, saying it's not in PV's Zip code.
- Searchers are looking in the foothills and mountains of the Cleveland National Forest for a Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy reported missing by his wife. Fox 11
- Everyone who does business in the city of Industry is required to sign up with Mayor David Perez's company. LAT
- Three more water mains have ruptured, one in a hilly area near Sherman Oaks and two in South Los Angles, causing street flooding. DN wires
- Accused gang intervention leader Alex Sanchez denied bail again. Witness LA
- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa unveiled a new anti-poverty program that will include 21 Family Source centers throughout the city as one-stop shops for applying for financial, educational and some healthcare assistance programs. LAT, DN
- LAUSD Board President Mónica García says she will be featured on CNN: Latino in America on Wednesday at 6 p.m.
- Tutor Perini Corp., the general contracting giant resulting from the 2008 merger of Sylmar’s Tutor-Saliba Corp. and Boston’s Perini Corp., is set to announce Tuesday that its corporate headquarters will be consolidated in Sylmar. LABJ
- A contaminated former facility at the Santa Susana Field Lab sits on top of the Burro Flats Fault and may be the source of toxics flowing into the stalled KB Home development site in Runkle Canyon. EnviroReporter.com
- So what becomes now of Parker Center, designed by Welton Becket? Curbed LA
- Nancy Spero, an artist who had a solo exhibition at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles in 1988, died in New York at age 83. NYT