LAPD veteran Charlie Beck is Mayor Villaraigosa's choice for police chief, the L.A. Times is reporting online. More buzz after the jump.
- The L.A. Times says that deputy chief Charlie Beck, the head of detectives, is the mayor's choice to be the next police chief. LAT
Plus: Villaraigosa will take his new chief to South L.A. for a 4:30 p.m. town hall at Expo Center, 3980 Menlo Ave.
- AG Jerry Brown has raised nearly $10 million from card clubs and other political donors for two charter schools he founded as mayor of Oakland. LAT
- The FAA rejected a plan to enforce a night-time ban at Bob Hope Airport in Burbank. LAT
- Six of the ten spots rated by location managers as the hardest to film in L.A. are in Downtown. Blogdowntown
- President Obama has tapped Hollywood for the President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities, including actresses Sarah Jessica Parker, Kerry Washington and Alfre Woodard and actors Edward Norton and Forest Whitaker. Politico
- LAPD officer Johnny Augustus Baltazar, 50, surrendered to authorities after his indictment on a charge of attempting to illegally export guns to Belize, where he owns a private security firm. DN, LAT
- Tribune newspapers, including the L.A. Times, plan to use as little AP copy as possible next week as an experiment. Chicago Tribune
- How many real bidders tried to buy the crypt next to Marilyn Monroe's? None. LA Daily