- Mayor Villaraigosa made his case for full-body scanners at LAX by going through one for the TV cameras.
- The Staples Center suite where a toddler fell to his death met city codes for design and construction.
- The Gerald Desmond Bridge in Long Beach is targeted for removal and replacement.
- Both the Coastal Commission and the city are wrong when it comes to beach access, a Times editorial argues.
- A charter school in Woodland Hills named itself for Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Plus: My KCRW column last night said everyone in L.A. should know the story of Juan Romero — and urged that he be invited to speak at the RFK schools on the old Ambassador Hotel site.