- Councilwoman Janice Hahn, stadium skeptic Greg Nelson and LAT staff writer Michael Hiltzik will talk about the AEG stadium proposal with Warren Olney on "Which Way, L.A.?" at 7 p.m. on KCRW.
- Controller Wendy Greuel released an updated online searchable database of salaries for virtually every Los Angeles city employee.
- The Central City Association endorsed all the City Council incumbents for reelection plus Mitchell Englander in CD 12, the open seat.
- Anchors Brian Williams and Katie Couric have left Egypt as violence against news people escalates.
- KCET and "SoCal Connected" will present a one-hour special report “Egypt on the Edge” hosted by Val Zavala on Friday at 8 p.m.
- Mark Lacter of LA Biz Observed talks about his piece on City Hall red tape in Los Angeles Magazine with KPCC's John Rabe.
- Maria Schneider, the actress who later regretted appearing in "Last Tango in Paris," died in Paris at age 58.
More by Kevin Roderick:Ralph Lawler of the Clippers and the age of Aquarius
Riding the Expo Line to USC 'just magical'
Last bastion of free parking? Loyola Marymount to charge students
Matt Kemp, Dodgers and Kings start big weekend the right way
LA Times writers revisit their '92 riots observations
Recent Media stories on LA Observed:LA Weekly's executive editor in '92 details riot coverage
Los Angeles more worldly since '92, LA Times 'more insular'
More recommended media coverage of the riots
Shelby Coffey, LA Times editor then, on the night the riots erupted
When LA Weekly (did) cover the riots *
Previous story: Amanpour gets sit-down with Mubarak
New at LA Observed
Follow us on Twitter
On the Media Page
Go to Media
LA Biz Observed
Go to LA Biz Observed
Arts and culture
Go to Arts and culture
Sign up for daily email from LA Observed