- Sheriff's officials are trying to lower expectations about anything to come from reopening the 30-year-old Natalie Wood case and say Robert Wagner is not a suspect. Meanwhile, the NBC Nightly News led tonight with the Natalie Wood story as its top news story.
- The City Council voted to demolish the 6th Street Viaduct and replace it with a modern suspension design bridge.
- Controller Wendy Greuel will join host Conan Nolan on NBC 4's “News Conference” Sunday at 9 a.m.
- Legal Zoom CEO John Suh talks about how L.A.'s city taxes led the business to move across the line to Glendale.
- The Dodgers formally announced an eight-year, $160 million contract extension with center fielder Matt Kemp at a stadium news conference.
- No dog beach will be approved in Santa Monica, the state coastal commission has signaled.
- The California Supreme Court will decide whether disgraced former journalist Stephen Glass should be accepted into the State Bar as a lawyer.
- The Los Angeles Times is advertising to hire two reporters for its Sacramento bureau. Read the posting.
- Former L.A. Times reporter Tami Abdollah has been hired to write about education for KPCC.
- Former Laker and UCLA point guard (and coach) Walt Hazzard died at age 69.
More by Kevin Roderick:Ralph Lawler of the Clippers and the age of Aquarius
Riding the Expo Line to USC 'just magical'
Last bastion of free parking? Loyola Marymount to charge students
Matt Kemp, Dodgers and Kings start big weekend the right way
LA Times writers revisit their '92 riots observations
Recent Media stories on LA Observed:LA Weekly's executive editor in '92 details riot coverage
Los Angeles more worldly since '92, LA Times 'more insular'
More recommended media coverage of the riots
Shelby Coffey, LA Times editor then, on the night the riots erupted
When LA Weekly (did) cover the riots *
Previous story: Photo of the day: Pepper spray in Portland
Next story: Occupy East L.A. College into third week
New at LA Observed
Follow us on Twitter
On the Media Page
Go to Media
On the Politics Page
Go to Politics
LA Biz Observed
Go to LA Biz Observed
Sign up for daily email from LA Observed