- If you're going to see the Levitated Mass boulder arrive tonight, here's LACMA's advice on parking, facilities and timing [any tme between 2 and 6 a.m. Saturday.] The museum itself will be closed, but there will be a coffee cart on Wilshire beside Urban Light [the lamp post installation.]
- Former CHP officer Tomiekia Johnson was sentenced to 50 years in prison for killing her husband, Marcus Lemons, by shooting him.
- Billboard publisher Lisa Ryan Howard, editor-in-chief Danyel Smith and deputy editor Louis Hau have walked, say The Wrap and Deadline.
- The Los Angeles Times is discontinuing the use of star ratings on restaurant reviews - here's why.
- The story of two homeless single mothers in LA and their families. Reuters
- KCBS/KCAL reporter Kirk Hawkins is moving to the Fox station in Charlotte as an anchor.
- Public affairs executive David Gershwin loves the El Capitan Theatre.
- Peter Bergman, co-founder of the Los Angeles comedy troupe Firesign Theater and the host of "Radio Free Oz" on KPFK, died of leukemia at 72.
More by Kevin Roderick:Ralph Lawler of the Clippers and the age of Aquarius
Riding the Expo Line to USC 'just magical'
Last bastion of free parking? Loyola Marymount to charge students
Matt Kemp, Dodgers and Kings start big weekend the right way
LA Times writers revisit their '92 riots observations
Recent Arts stories on LA Observed:Ralph Lawler of the Clippers and the age of Aquarius
Silver Lake Badminton and Adventurers Club solves the crime
Pedro E. Guerrero photography at gallery in Hollywood
Bob Dylan on the passing of Levon Helm
Michael Heizer living at LACMA while he seats the boulder
Previous story: Morning Buzz: Friday 3.9.12
Next story: Francesca Lia Block on possibly losing her home
New at LA Observed
Follow us on Twitter
On the Media Page
Go to Media
On the Politics Page
Go to Politics
LA Biz Observed
Go to LA Biz Observed
Sign up for daily email from LA Observed