Oh the weather outside may be frightful, but L.A.'s social whirl continues to be delightful. Here are some upcoming events that don't involve sports or the Oscars:
- USC School of Theater will give Robert Redford its award for Engaged Artists at the Beverly Wilshire.
- Homeboy Industries presents a reading of "Tattoos on the Heart: Stories of Hope and Compassion" fundraiser in Brentwood.
- Pan African Film and Arts Festival continues at the Culver Plaza theaters
Thursday, February 11, 2010
- ALS Association - Los Angeles hosts its first annual Kate Linder Celebrity Charity Gala at the Montage Beverly Hills.
Friday, February 12, 2010
- 43rd California International Antiquarian Book Fair opens at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza.
- Operation Smile launches its 2010 Valentine's Charity and Celebrity Ball at Montage Beverly Hills.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
- 1st LA Street Food Fest, featuring gourmet mobile trucks, debuts at the LA Center Studios on 500 S. Beaudry Ave, LA, CA 90017 from 11am - 5pm. It's where they film Mad Men.
- Art Directors Guild honors Michael Baugh, Warren Beatty, Terence Marsh at its annual awards dinner in the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
- It's the editors turn to shine when American Cinema Editors honor their own at the Beverly Hilton.
Monday, February 15, 2010
- OK, I lied. There is one Oscar event listed. The 82nd Academy Awards Nominees Luncheon occurs on Monday at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
- Target sponsors the free admission Monday @LACMA, 5905 Wilshire Blvd, LA. Doors open noon-8pm.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
- Colin Firth will be at the Aero Theatre in Santa Monica to intro screenings of "A Single Man" & "Another Country" 7:30pm while somewhere Rupert Everett gnashes his teeth in jealousy.