The Hollywood award ceremony death march continues on its merry way this weekend with stops at celebrations hosted by the Costume Designers Guild, Cinema Audio Society, American Society of Cinematographers and the Visual Effects Society. But other industries shine this week, too. Avant-garde art and design professionals can strut their stuff tonight at the Wallpaper magazine launch party in West Hollywood. Meanwhile, sports fans can listen to Joe Torre grill Sandy Koufax at a gala benefiting the Joe Torre Safe At Home Foundation at the Nokia Theater on February 27th.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
- Wallpaper* Launch Party starts at 6:30 PM at Mogul.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
- Costume Designers Guild will hold its 12th Annual Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
Friday, February 26, 2010
- At 7:30 PM, Gregory Paul Williams presents "The Story of Hollywood..." at Larry Edmunds Book Shop in Hollywood.
- Lupus LA holds its "Get Lucky for Lupus" competition and gala at Andaz West Hollywood, hosted by DJ D-Wrek and Joanna Krupa. 7:00 PM.
- Paley Center for Media starts its Paleyfest today, the fest continues through March 14. Screenings and panels will be held at the Saban Theatre in Beverly HIlls. The "Lost" panel is already sold out.
- Rain or shine, stars of stage, screen and radio gather together for the NAACP 41st Image Awards at the Shrine Auditorium.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
- Cinema Audio Society holds its 46th Annual Awards at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles. This year the society honors Henry Selick and Randy Thorn.
- American Society of Cinematographers honors Caleb Deschanel, John Flinn, Chris Menges and Sol Negrin at its 24th Annual Awards in the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza.
- Fritz Coleman takes over MC duties for the Hillsides organization's "The Midas Touch" Annual Benefit at 6:00 PM.
- Joe Torre Safe At Home Foundation hosts "A Conversation: Sandy Koufax and Joe Torre," with Billy Crystal and T.J. Simers involved in some capacity. 7:30 PM Tickets from $25.00.
- Dim SumTruck debuts on Abbot Kinney tonight, sez Thrillist.com.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
- California Music Project holds a benefit concert performance of "Peter and the Wolf," featuring the vocal stylings of Dick Van Dyke at 1:00 PM at the Eli and Edythe Broad Stage in Santa Monica.
- Visual Effects Society honors James Cameron and Ed Catmull at its eighth Annual Awards Dinner, starting at 5:00 PM at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza.
- Los Angeles Italia hosts the opening day of it Fifth Annual Film, Fashion and Art Fest at the Mann Chinese 6 in Hollywood.
Monday, March 1, 2010
- Jennifer Niven presents and signs The Aqua Net Diaries at Book Soup at 7 PM.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
- Andrea Bocelli gets a Hollywood Walk of Fame star at 11:30 AM.
- Michael Huttner and Rick Jacobs present and sign 50 Ways You Can Help Obama Change America at Book Soup at 7 PM.