Thursday, October 14, 2010
- Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust's Opening Ceremony. 10:00 AM
- Author Joseph O'Neill in conversation with book critic David Kipen at ALOUD in Mark Taper Auditorium-Central Library 7:00 PM
- Healthy Child, Healthy World presents its annual gala at the Smog Shoppe on 2651 South La Cienega Boulevard. 7:00 PM
Friday, October 15, 2010
- Sienna Miller hosts the Esquire House Grand Opening Charity Benefit for the International Medical Corps in Beverly Hills. 7:00 PM
- 100 Black Men of Los Angeles honors Oprah Winfrey at its annual Gala Dinner at the Four Seasons. 6 PM
- Author Buzz Alexander reads at Mama's Hot Tamales, 2122 W 7th St, Los Angeles. 6:30 PM
Saturday, October 16, 2010
- Author John Buntin leads a tour of "L.A. Noir" for Esotouric
- Italian American Museum hosts a Taste of Italy fundraiser at 4:00 PM.
- Wynonna Judd performs at "A Little Bit Country" fete presented by the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center 's Women's Guild in the Barker Hangar at the Santa Monica Airport. Santa Monica 6:30 PM
- Cookbook maven Paula Wolfert speaks at the Couscous Festival, debuting on Sat and Sun at the Chefs Center of California, 45 North San Gabriel Blvd, Pasadena, California 91107. Starting at 11 AM
- Southern California Library for Social Studies and Research hosts a celebration of the 44th anniversary of the Black Panther Party, featuring documentary film screenings, an exhibit of BPP newspaper covers and artwork, and a slide show presentation by Emory Douglas, former minister of culture for the BPP. Fun starts at 10 AM
- Pearl C. Hsiung Opening Reception at Steve Turner Gallery
- Robert Gutierrez art show Opening Reception at Richard Heller Gallery in Santa Monica's Bergmont Station, 5-7 PM
Sunday, October 17, 2010
- Big Parade Practice Walks return in October. A non-stairway "Blackbelt" walk - exploring an experimental pavement route, 10 miles - is scheduled for Sunday, October 17. Meet at the Chinatown Metro Gold Line station at 9 AM.
- Diamond in The Raw Foundation honors Pam Grier and Nancy Lieberman at the 2010 Stuntwomen's Awards. Skirball Cultural Center.
- Travel Town Museum Foundation's Depot Day starts at 10 AM at Travel Town Museum
- American Institute of Architects Los Angeles launches its Fall Home Tour Series: Off Sunset, Brentwood to Palisades. 11:00 AM
Monday, October 18, 2010
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Diane Kruger, Kate Hudson, Kerry Washington, Sofia Coppola, Hilary Swank, Diane Keaton, Jodie Foster and Jessica Chastain will be honored at Elle's 2010 Women in Hollywood event at the Four Seasons
- Malcom Beith reads The Last Narco: Inside the Hunt for El Chapo...at Book Soup. 7 PM
- Michael Connelly reads The Reversal at Skylight books. 7:30 PM
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
- John Chiang, California State Controller, Bill Lockyer, California State Treasurer and other leaders gather at the Milken Institute State of the State Conference on October 19 at the Beverly Hilton to discuss 'Restoring California's Prosperity'
- Urban Land Institute's FutureBuildLA 2010 conference and expo starts at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Starts at 8:00 AM
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
- Dinaw Mengestu reads How to Read the Air at Vroman's Bookstore in Pasadena. 7 PM
- Heather Hartley reading at The Rumor Mill: Writers Wanted!,11739 West Washington Blvd, Los Angeles. 7:30 PM