Thursday, November 18, 2010
- David Boulé lectures on "The Orange and the Myth of California" at the San Fernando Valley Historical Society. 7 PM
- Soldier-Poet Brian Turner in conversation with Louise Steinman, curator of ALOUD, at the Mark Taper Auditorium-Central Library. 7:00 PM Reservations required.
- US Weekly hosts its "Hot Hollywood" reception, benefiting the Entertainment Industry Foundation, at Colony nightclub in Hollywood.
- Oxfam America hosts the opening night party for the "From Congo With Love" exhibition at the Esquire House in Beverly Hills. 7:00 PM
- LA Music Awards (LAMA) at Paramount Theatre @ Paramount Studios. 8 PM
- Journalist Tritia Toyota signs her book Envisioning America:New Chinese Americans and the Politics of Belonging at the Chinese American Museum, Downtown. 6 PM.
Friday, November 19, 2010
- Cultures of Aestheticism--Before and After Oscar Wilde: The Decadent 1890s conference at William A Clark Library starts at 1 PM
- Salvation Army Southern California hosts its LA Metro Third Annual Red Kettle Kick Off Luncheon at the California Club, Downtown. Noon.
- Jack Dykinga's Native Lands photography exhibit opening at G2 Gallery in Venice. 6:30 PM
- Manuel Marquez-Sterling discusses Cuba 1952-1959: The True Story of Castro's Rise to Power at Eso Won Bookstore. 7 PM
- Saturday, November 20, 2010
- Grace Bauer presents Los Angeles Classic Desserts at Stories LA in Echo Park. 7:30 PM
- Designer Con, annual art and design convention, starts in Pasadena Convention Center. 10 AM
- The Culinary Historians of Southern California present a program on the "History of Coffee" at the Pacific Palisades Library. 2 PM
- Machine Project hosts the Eternal Telethon: Infinity + 24 at its storefront for 24 hours straight. Launches at noon.
- The Garden School Foundation hosts its Under This Harvest Moon fundraiser at the Barn Studio of Nancy Goslee Power & Associates in Santa Monica. 5-8 PM
- Behind The Seams conference begins, benefiting Goods4Good charity, at Raleigh Studios. 8:30 AM - 8:00 PM
- Diane Keaton, Linda Bruckheimer and Lauren King host the annual "Seaside Chic in the Colony" fundraiser at a house designed by John Lautner in Malibu to benefit the Los Angeles Conservancy. 4 PM
- Visual Communications (VC) hosts its dance party fundraiser at the Nishi Hongwanji Buddhist Temple in Los Angeles. 7:30 PM
Sunday, November 21, 2010
- Junior League of Los Angeles hosts its11th Annual Harvest Boutique Luncheon at the Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles at L.A. Live. 11 AM
- Kim Fay and Julie Fay Ashborn discuss Communion: A Culinary Journey Through Vietnam@ Skylight Books. 5 PM
Monday, November 22, 2010
- Robert Scheer discusses The Great American Stick-Up at Skylight Books. 7:30 PM
- An Evening with Roger McGuinn at Bergamont Station, Santa Monica will be for the Byrds, man.... 8 PM
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
- Neuroscience Professor Antonio Damasio presents a lecture, called "Self Comes to Mind" at the Hammer Museum. 7 PM
- Kirk and Anne Douglas host the Los Angeles Mission Thanksgiving Dinner, starting 11:00 AM at the Los Angeles Mission.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Los Angeles!