Thursday, December 9, 2010
- Jennifer Hudson performs at the Ambassadors for Humanity gala to benefit the USC Shoah Foundation Institute. Craig Ferguson hosts the event, honoring Jeffrey Katzenberg, at the Kodak Theater.
- Madison Melrose Holiday Denim Drive to benefit Downtown Women's Center of Los Angeles. 8115 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles. 6 PM
- Zocalo presents "Christopher Isherwood's Los Angeles" at Hammer Museum. 7:00 PM
- Feral House Winter Solstice Celebration and Book Sale at La Luz de Jesus / Wacko 4633 Hollywood Blvd. LA CA 9002. 6 - 9 PM
- Author Erik Davis speaks on Nomad Codes: Adventures in Modern Esoterica at Besant Lodge in Hollywood. 2560 North Beachwood Drive, 7:30 PM. $5
- "Risking your life for humor" lecture by Shabana Rehman at Los Angeles Press Club party @ Steve Allen Theater, 4773 Hollywood Blvd. 7:00 PM
- KCRW 89.9 FM and LA Weekly present "This is Your Library" concert featuring singer Ceci Bastida, food critic Jonathan Gold, City Librarian Martín Gómez, blogger/author Christian Lander, and Keith Morris of the Circle Jerks. Mark Taper Auditorium - Central Library. 7:30 PM
- LAXART hosts its Five Year Anniversary Holiday Party & Silent Auction at the gallery, located at 2640 South La Cienega Blvd., Los Angeles. 6:00 PM start.
- Teresa Burrell reads The Advocate's Betrayal at Barnes & Noble Booksellers - Del Amo Mall, 21400 Hawthorne Blvd, Torrance, CA 90503.
- Blind Childrens Center hosts its Holiday Party with LAPD Centurions at Blind Childrens Center, 4120 Marathon Street, Los Angeles. 10:00 AM
- Writers Guild Foundation hosts Interview with Ben Affleck Writers Guild of America, West, 7000 West 3rd St 2nd Fl., Los Angeles. 6:30 PM
- Avenues of Art & Design presents the third annual Holiday Walk on the Avenues (continues December 11 starting at noon) West Hollywood. 6:00 PM
- Room 13 LA, Hold Up Art Gallery, and Contemporary Art Start @ MOCA present an opening VIP reception of the "Gift of Art" exhibit to benefit Room 13 LA's student managed multi-media studio at Foshay Middle School in South Central Los Angeles. Event will be held at Hold Up Art Gallery, 358 East 2nd Street , Los Angele. 5:30PM
Saturday, December 11, 2010
- Holiday Harbor Lights & 19th Annual Christmas Boat Parade starts in King Harbor, 181 North Harbor Drive, Redondo Beach. Starts at 5:30. Dress warmly and arrive early for a good spot to view the parade.
- Alonso Duralde reads Have Yourself a Movie Little Christmas during a screening of "Home Alone" at the New Beverly Cinema, 7165 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles. 11:30 PM
- The International Printing Museum's Dickens Day Celebration starts and continues on Sunday. 10 AM to 4 PM. City of Industry.
- Vocalist Lynn Fiddmont entertains at In The Meantime's 11th year anniversary celebration 'Life Beyond Measure' and fundraiser gala at Vintage Hollywood Private Club, 4000 Washington Blvd., LA CA 90019. 7:00 PM
- Culinary Historians of Southern California's "Bond Appetit: James Bond, Foodie" event at the Los Angeles Public Library Mark Taper Auditorium. 10:30 AM
- UniqueLA Independent Design and Gift Show Opening Day benefits 826LA Foundation. California Market Center. 11 AM
- "The Rise and Fall of Courtly Lucknow: A Courtesan's Perspective" lecture on offer at LACMAin the Bing Theater at 3:00 PM
Sunday, December 12, 2010
- MMC's Hollywoodlife.com 7th Annual Style Awards ceremony honors Hollywood costume designers, stylists and beauty professionals at the Hammer Museum, Westwood.
- Christie Barnes discusses and signs The Paranoid Parent's Guide: Worry Less, Parent Better, and Raise a Resilient Child at Book Soup. 3 PM
Monday, December 13, 2010
- ACLU of Southern California honors Amy Doyle, Ramona Ripston, Hans Zimmer at its Bill of Rights Dinner at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons Hotel. 5:30 PM
- Share Our Strength hosts a Dinner and Cocktail Reception at Test Kitchen, 9575 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles. 6 PM
- Robert Scheer discusses and signs The Great American Stickup: How Reagan Republicans and Clinton Democrats Enriched Wall Street While Mugging Main Street at Book Soup. 7 PM
- Join the Los Angeles City Historical Society for its Annual Holiday Dinner honoring Christy McAvoy, Kevin Roderick & J. Eric Lynxwiler and Hugh Hefner. 6:30 PM at Pilgrim School Fine Arts Center and adjacent First Congregational Church of Los Angeles.
- Thaisa Frank reads Heidegger's Glasses: A Novel at Booksoup. 7 PM
- David L. Ulin reads The Lost Art of Reading: Why Books Matter in a Distracted Time at Book Soup in WeHo. 7 PM
- Paul Almond reads The Deserter at Village Books in Pacific Palisades. 5 PM
- Jessica Theroux presents Cooking with Italian Grandmothers: Recipes and Stories from Tuscany to Sicily at Lucques, 8474 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles
Wednesday, December 15, 2010