Thursday, January 20, 2011
- Scholar and author Bram Dijkstra discusses his latest book, NAKED: The Nude in America, during a book signing and lecture at Los Angeles Art Show. LA Convention Center. 4 PM
- Larry King and Wendy Walker speak at a Milken Institute forum entitled "Producer: Lessons Shared from 30 Years in Television" at the Miliken Institute headquarters located at 2150 Fourth Street in Santa Monica. 4:30 PM
- AIGA/LA hosts a Speakeasy to celebrate the work of Jeri Heiden and John Coy, AIGA and AIGA/LA Fellows 2010 at Palihouse Holloway,8456 Holloway Drive West Hollywood. 6:30- 9:30 PM
- Bet Tzedek - The House of Justice honors the Jewish Journal amongst others at its annual Dinner Gala at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza. 5:30 PM
- Start of the 2011 Riverside Dickens Festival weekend at the Riverside Convention Center in historic downtown Riverside, California.
- Morgan Freeman, Tom Hanks, John Travolta, Harrison Ford and Arnold Schwarzenegger will present kudos at Living Legends of Aviation's Eight Annual Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Kurt Russell co-hosts. 6 PM.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
- PEN Center USA hosts its Emerging Voices Welcome Party in Beverly Hills at 5:30 PM.
- Robert Gottlieb and Erik Knutzen, authors of Food Justice and The Urban Homestead, respectively, will speak at Vroman's in Pasadena about "The New Food Activism." 1 PM
- Producers Guild of America presents its 22nd Annual Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
- Neo-burlesque on offer at The Petting Pantry at The Palm Court in the Alexandria Hotel, 501 S. Spring Street, 2nd Floor. Doors open at 9:30 PM
Sunday, January 23, 2011
- R. Merlin discusses "Druids in Space, the Future of Paganism" @ Bodhi Tree Bookstore. 3 PM
- Philip F. Margo reads The Null Quotient at Book Soup. 5:00 PM
Monday, January 24, 2011
- Barbara Hammer screens her latest films at the REDCAT. 8 PM
- deLab hosts a cocktail party with designer Michelle Marini at her bar, The Falls, 626 S. Spring Street, Downtown. 7:30 PM.
- Great Guitars: John Jorgenson performance and Q&A at the Grammy Museum in Downtown LA. Doors open at 7:30 PM.
- Larry-bob Roberts shares The International Homosexual Conspiracy with an introduction by guest Vaginal Davis @ Book Soup. 7:00 PM
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
- Maxine Hong Kingston converses with Andrew Lam, journalist & author of East Eats West at LA Aloud in the Mark Taper Auditorium-Central Library. 7:00 PM
- Stefhen Bryan reads his book Black Passenger, Yellow Cabs: A Memoir Of Exile And Excess In Japan at Book Soup. 7 PM
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
- Steve Lopez will join a panel discussion of mental illness treatment and recovery at the RAND Corporation. Nathanial Anthony Ayers, subject of Lopez's last book, will perform prior to the panel discussion. RAND Corporation, 1776 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA. 6 PM
- Catherine Malandrino hosts a "Happy Renew Year" fundraiser at her LA boutique on behalf of the Breast Cancer Society from 4 PM to 6 PM.