Thursday, April 14, 2011
- InVenture Reception at William Turner Gallery in Santa Monica. 7 PM
- City of Hope hosts its "Una Notte di Speranza " fashion show with Renato Balestra at Millennium Biltmore Hotel Los Angeles at 6 PM.
- Dominque Stevenson signs his book Marshall Law: Life & Times of a Baltimore Black Panther at Eso Won Books at 7 PM.
- Grand Prix Association of Long Beach hosts 37th Annual Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Opening Day at Long Beach Convention Center.
- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and City Controller Wendy Greuel are slated to speak at Special Needs Network's Tool's for Transformation Conference and Legislative Breakfast at FAME Renaissance Center, 1968 West Adams Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90018. 8 AM check-in, breakfast starts at 9 AM with a prayer, I bet.
- LACMA hosts its 26th annual Collector's Committee Dinner and Auction.
- Claude Lelouch will present his latest film in person at COLCOA French Film Festival at the DGA at 8:30 PM in the Renoir Theatre.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
- The Los Angeles City Historical Society presents a lecture by Thomas S. Hines on "Architecture of the Sun: Mid-Century Los Angeles Modernism" at the Central Public Library. 2 PM
- Barbara Eden, star of "I Dream of Jeannie", signs copies of Jeannie Out Of the Bottle at Barnes & Noble - Grove Drive. Los Angeles, CA. 2 PM
- Japanese American National Museum hosts its 2011 Gala Dinner and Silent Auction JW Marriott at LA Live, starting at 5:30 PM.
- Riordan Scholars hosts its Sixth Annual Riordan Wine Gala at the Beverly Hills Country Club. 5:30 PM
- Art in Streets, exhibition of the history of graffiti and street art, opening night party at Geffen Contemporary at MOCA at 7 PM
- Windsor Square-Hancock Park Historical Society hosts a Garden Party and house tour at the official residence of the Mayor of Los Angeles the Getty House. Noon.
- Book Soup and The Skirball Cultural Center presents Mary Steenburgen in conversation with Ted Danson regarding his new book Oceana: Our Endangered Oceans and What We Can Do to Save Them at The Skirball Cultural Center. 8:00 PM
- Actor Tyrese Gibson signs copies of How To Get Out Of Your Own Way at Barnes & Noble - Grove Drive.7:00 PM
- Admiral Thad W. Allen lectures on "Issues in Focus: Managing the Unexpected" at RAND Corporation,1776 Main Street,Santa Monica, CA at 6 PM.
- Sam Wasson & The Granola Project share their stories at the EATING OUR WORDS event at Taylor De Cordoba gallery, 2660 S La Cienega Blvd., Los Angeles, California. 7:30 start time.
- Noted artist Camille Billops will screen her films at the Hammer Museum at 7 PM in Westwood.
- Dancer Jacques D'Amboise in conversation with Sasha Anawalt, Director, USC Annenberg Arts Journalism Program at ALOUD at Central Library in Mark Taper Auditorium at 7 PM.
If you have upcoming events, be sure to share them with Adrienne Crew at adrienne at laobserved dot com