Thursday, April 21, 2011
- Ron Dietel reads his book, The Perfect Test , at the Flintridge Bookstore & Cafe
- MOCA Art Talk hosts "A Conversation with Kate and Laura Mulleavy, designers of RODARTE clothing line" at MOCA PACIFIC DESIGN CENTER, Silverscreen Theater at 6:30 PM.
- Stephen Jacobs sign his biography of Boris Karloff at Larry Edmunds Bookshop in Hollywood at 7:30 PM.
- Opening Reception for "A Place in the Sun: Picturing California" photography exhibit at the Hi-Lite Studio and Project Space, 533 South Los Angeles Street, 6th Floor, Downtown. 7 PM.
Saturday, April 23, 2011
- Peter Lunenfeld discusses and signs The Secret War Between Downloading and Uploading: Tales of the Computer as Culture Machine at Book Soup at 5 PM.
- Cinespia and Cinefamily co-host the premiere of Werner Herzog's new documentary,"Cave of Forgotten Dreams," and party at Natural History Museum of Los Angeles 5:00 PM.
- Lucie Foundation's first annual benefit to support the organization's photography workshop for at-risk youth in Los Angeles. The fundraiser starts at 7 PM in the Factory Place Arts Complex, 1330 Factory Place, Los Angeles, CA, 90013
- St. Sophia Greek Easter Picnic at the Rose Bowl's Brookside Park from 11:30 AM to 7 PM.Brookside Park, 360 N Arroyo Blvd.
Monday, April 25, 2011
- Professor Patrica Moy presents a lecture on "The Popular and the Political: Exploring the Effects of Infotainment on Citizenship" at USC Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism, Rm 207 at noon.
- Jim Krusoe discusses and signs his novel, Toward You, at Vroman's Bookstore, Pasadena at 7 PM.
- Diesel, Brentwood hosts the "Family Matters" panel discussion with Jennifer Lauck, Dinah Lenney & Hope Edelman at 7 PM.
- BritWeek launches.
- Beverly Hills Chamber of Commerce hosts its "A New Dawn or a New Bubble?" Economic Summit at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Starts at 11 AM.
- Beverly Hills Education Foundation hosts its Apple Ball at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
- British designer Zandra Rhodes makes an appearance at Nieman Marcus Beverly Hills from 11 AM to 4 PM in the store's Couture Salon on Level Two
Wednesday, April 27, 2011