Just to prove my point this has been a weird week...
- Paris Hilton sues Hallmark over a "That's hot!" card.
The Smoking Gun.
- Bisexual dating show coming to MTV. ABC 13
- Hemlines drop, so do the markets. Coincidence? LAO's
Mark Lacter explains.
- Eek: TMZ TV. AP
- San Diego County Diocese settles with abuse victims for $198 million. (Will it take a page out of the LA Archdiocese's fund raising playbook?) NBC
Not so weird and maybe even fun:
- Our own Erika Schickel does a wee bit of Huffington Post-ing. She's got details.
- Heal the Bay benefit tonight at the Malibu Inn with John Doe.
- LA County Fair kicks off today. LAist.
- Pricey pop-art sushi with a priceless high-rise view.
Jonathan Gold in LA Weekly.
- Long Beach Art Walk. OC Weekly.
More by Veronique de Turenne:
A little bit of mid-week reading
News about the news *
A few links from a few different places
Ups and downs in the local media landscape
Let's talk about anything but the weather
Recent stories on LA Observed:
Standing up to Harvey Weinstein
LA Times gets a top editor with nothing but questions
LA Observed Notes: Harvey Weinstein stripped bare
David Ryu and candidate Mike Fong
LA Observed Notes: Photos of the homeless, photos that found homes
Volleying with Rosie Casals