The Eastman Kodak Co. announced today that it's retiring Kodachrome, the world's first commercially successful color film, after 74 years. Declining demand in a digital age. Huffington Post
Regarding Huff Post: Stats on Arianna Huffington's L.A. based site from Ad Age story pegged to new CEO:
- Three rounds of financing: $5 million, $4.5 million and, most recently, $25 million.
- Money spent so far: About $12 million as of February.
- Ad revenue from January through April: $3.4 million, according to TNS Media Intelligence.
- Full-time, paid staffers: 61, including 35 in editorial, of whom five are reporters.
- Visitors: 5.3 million uniques in May, up 106% from May 2008 and up 5% from its election-season peak in October, according to ComScore.