Catching up on some notes:
- Sharon Waxman explains The Wrap's cease-and-desist demand over Newser's use of content with skimpy linking, and Newser's Michael Wolff responds.
- Gustavo Arellano, the OC Weekly reporter, Ask a Mexican! columnist, LAT contributor, KPFK host, regular KPCC guest and author, was chosen to give UCLA's main commencement address in June.
- Anne Riley-Katz, Women's Wear Daily's West Coast Retail Editor, was given her walking papers Wednesday in the third round of cuts at the Conde Nast publication. The Spiel
- Larry Welk was dropped as the helicopter reporter for Channel 2.
- Nice piece at LARadio.com on Jerry Clark, a former newspaperman in L.A. who's now an executive with Southern California Sports Broadcasters.
- FORM, the architecture magazine from Balcony Media for AIA/LA, is looking for a managing editor.