Did the L.A. Times' Barbara Davidson lock up another Pulitzer with yesterday's front-page photo of a Somali mother and child in a Kenyan refugee camp? Daily News blogger Jonathan Dobrer thinks so. I'm told there are plans to display the photo on LATimes.com, but right now there's just this horizontal version.
Also these notes:
- Tammy Tousignant, the flight attendant erroneously called the mother of a secret child with Arnold Schwarzenegger, has sued Gawker, the National Enquirer and The Daily Mail in Orange County Superior Court. She opens the bidding at $10 million, despite an extensive correction by Gawker. Fishbowl LA
- California Watch opened its first Southern California bureau in the newsroom of the Register in Orange County. Reporter Joanna Lin and public engagement manager Ashley Alvarado, both USC grads, are on the way or there. Nieman Journalism Lab
- KCRW general manager Jennifer Ferro named Gary Scott the station's new Program Director for News, Harriet Ells the Program Director for Talk and Anne Litt the Director of Music Development.
- Jane Fonda talks about her father, aging and being stylish: "I’m careful that what I wear will show off my best parts, which are my waist and my butt…I like being saucy, but I’m 73 and a half. I’m still trying to find my way between matronly and coltishness.” Harper's Bazaar via IndieWire
- TMZ still hasn't figured out how and when it will try to compete in the Washington gossip wars. Politico
- It's been a year for Adam Leipzig's Cultural Weekly.
- LA Observed contributor Jenny Price on her arrival in SoCal. KCET
- A memorial service for journalist George Ramos will be held Saturday in Morro Bay. CalCoastNews