- AEG's stadium bill inspired a separate bill to let the governor exempt big projects from some legal challenges, introduced with one day left in the legislative session.
- Many city agencies continue to ignore audit recommendations that could save millions of taxpayer dollars, according to a scorecard released Thursday by City Controller Wendy Greuel.
- Ten Building and Safety workers were fired recently for wrongdoing, more than in the past decade.
- Political consultant Rick Taylor says of Zev Yaroslavsky running for mayor: "I think he's absolutely, unequivocally getting in."
- Democrat and former Assembly Speaker Robert Hertzberg attended a Rick Perry event in Orange County but said he's still for Obama.
- Hollywood Center Studios filed plans to revamp its Hollywood lot, tearing down buildings and adding 60,000-plus square-feet of studio and office space along with two parking structures. Land Use LA
- Jonathan Weber resigned as editor of the Bay Citizen news start-up in San Francisco, possibly for a job at Reuters.
- Journalist Rip Rense remembers his friend Scott Wannberg.
More by Kevin Roderick:Ralph Lawler of the Clippers and the age of Aquarius
Riding the Expo Line to USC 'just magical'
Last bastion of free parking? Loyola Marymount to charge students
Matt Kemp, Dodgers and Kings start big weekend the right way
LA Times writers revisit their '92 riots observations
Recent Morning Buzz stories on LA Observed:Morning Buzz: Friday 4.27.12
Morning Buzz: Thursday 4.26.12
Morning Buzz: Wednesday 4.25.12
Morning Buzz: Tuesday 4.24.12
Morning Buzz: Monday 4.23.12
Previous story: KNBC investigative producer headed to NYC
Next story: Sarah Spitz to retire from KCRW
New at LA Observed
Follow us on Twitter
On the Media Page
Go to Media
On the Politics Page
Go to Politics
LA Biz Observed
Go to LA Biz Observed
Sign up for daily email from LA Observed