- The LA Times released its schedule of panels for the Festival of Books April 21-22 at USC. The paper is offering discounted panel passes to online subscribers.
- The Daily News has an opening posted for a general assignment reporter who will also cover some politics and crime.
- The City of Malibu is officially "disappointed by the confusing and contradictory messages given to the media and public" about the natural death of a restaurant kitchen staffer that was initially called a shooting. Also, the county health department is now involved.
- The West Hollywood City Council passed a resolution condemning the new Bravo reality show “The Shahs of Sunset” for perpetuating negative stereotypes about Iranian-Americans.
- Warren Olney talked with California Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye regarding budget cuts on tonight's "Which Way, LA?" on KCRW.
- The Dodgers and Metro will once again run the Dodger Stadium Express bus service from Union Station to Dodger Stadium this season. Service begins April 3.
- Wonkette editor Rebecca Schoenkopf's mom reveals the pleasantries she exchanged with President Obama today in Oklahoma. Birth certificiates and Hawaii came up. Wonkette
- The Argonaut, the weekly newspaper in the Marina Del Rey area, announced it was acquired by Southland Publishing.
- Cal State Northridge named Dianne F. Harrison as its fifth president.
- Blackboard Eats announced a $25 optional membership program.
More by Kevin Roderick:Ralph Lawler of the Clippers and the age of Aquarius
Riding the Expo Line to USC 'just magical'
Last bastion of free parking? Loyola Marymount to charge students
Matt Kemp, Dodgers and Kings start big weekend the right way
LA Times writers revisit their '92 riots observations
Recent Media stories on LA Observed:LA Weekly's executive editor in '92 details riot coverage
Los Angeles more worldly since '92, LA Times 'more insular'
More recommended media coverage of the riots
Shelby Coffey, LA Times editor then, on the night the riots erupted
When LA Weekly (did) cover the riots *
Previous story: Villaraigosa sends new stats guy over to fire department
Next story: New first place team in LA tonight
New at LA Observed
Follow us on Twitter
On the Media Page
Go to Media
On the Politics Page
Go to Politics
LA Biz Observed
Go to LA Biz Observed
Sign up for daily email from LA Observed