If it sometimes feel like everyone in the Los Angeles area is quote unquote enhancing their photos with Instagram, you're not wrong. Of the most 10 Instagrammed places in the world last year, five are in Southern California. The top two are in Thailand. Which all proves that popularity on Instagram does not reflect the actual world, or Internet culture. And that San Francisco baseball fans post more than Los Angeles baseball fans, and apparently more than at the baseball stadiums with the biggest crowds — and all the soccer and football fans in the world.
Los Angeles people — and tourists — apparently use Instagram more than people do in New York, London, India, China...you get the idea. But it's fun to ponder the list. It confirms that Santa Monica's shore has really become the place for visitors to the LA area.
From the Instagram blog, in order:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) - Bangkok
- Siam Paragon (สยามพารากอน) shopping mall - Bangkok
- Disneyland Park - Anaheim
- Times Square - New York City
- AT&T Park - San Francisco
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) - Los Angeles
- Dodger Stadium - Los Angeles
- Eiffel Tower - Paris
- Staples Center - Los Angeles
- Santa Monica Pier - Santa Monica